Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2007

Humans are so meaningless

Note: next time, July 4, we'll not be in our regular class room. Instead, we'll meet in MS12/009 - same building, two or three rooms further on.
________________________________________________

On a quick note, I'll throw in the reading texts for next week - this time by horror godfather HP Lovecraft.

Next time, I want to to go into two of his stories - one that we've already heard about today, sort of, the one with the meteor -

The Colour out of Space (1927)

- a grand horror story.

And in addition -

Nyarlathotep (1920) -

an almost fragmentary and disregarded little story that I think holds some potential toward an apocalyptic reading. I'm looking forward to hearing your reactions - he's not quite easy to read, but if his texts are difficult, they are so in a way very different from Melville's Confidence Man, as I'm sure you'll notice.

Keine Kommentare: